YouTube has restricted videos for you? don't worry, here are some of the ways to turn off restricted mode on YouTube using Desktop and Android.
YouTube has always been a great platform for people of all ages, but with the new age restriction in place, it might not be as easy to find others.
YouTube’s age limit is 13, but it turns out that there are still a lot of videos on YouTube that are inappropriate for 13-year-olds. This means that there are kids who have been watching YouTube and some have found inappropriate content.
It's frustrating to not be able to watch mature content even if you are 18 years old. You can turn it off by following the steps that I mentioned below. Let's first understand why is there an Age Restriction on YouTube.
Why Is There an Age Restriction on YouTube?
The age restriction is on YouTube for several reasons. It may be due to the fact that YouTube has some mature content. Although it could be due to younger people's developmental stage, or that they are not psychologically ready for exposure to such content.
Sometimes the content doesn't violate YouTube's policy but it can be inappropriate for viewers under 18. In such cases, YouTube restricts the content and prevents the Mature content from being seen by children. This policy applies to videos, video descriptions, custom thumbnails, live streams, and any other YouTube product or feature.
If you want to start a YouTube channel, here are the 4 Most useful tools used to hit a million subscribers.
Why Does Your Video Get Age Restricted?
YouTube considers various types of content as restricted, here is the list of possible reasons why your content is restricted if you are a creator.
- Child safety- A video that contains activities like handling explosives and body injuries.
- Harmful or dangerous activities, including regulated substances and drugs- Prank videos that seem real to the viewer or a video promoting a cannabis dispensary.
- Nudity and sexually suggestive content- A video that has some sexual activity that sexually arouses the viewer or a substance in the video is wearing clothes that are considered unacceptable in public contexts.
- Violent or graphic content- A video showing body injuries in a major accident or a video focused on the violent graphically violent part of a film or video game.
- Vulgar language- A video that has profanity in its content such as the title, thumbnail, or associated metadata.
How to turn off Restricted Mode on YouTube Pc?
It's easy to turn off the Restricted Mode of YouTube on your Pc, follow the below steps :
- Sign in to youtube.com using your Google account and click on your profile icon.
- You'll see a Menu, scroll to the bottom and click Restricted Mode: On.
- Toggle the Restricted Mode from On to Off.
How to turn off Restricted Mode on YouTube Android?
Turning off Restricted Mode in Android is as simple as doing it in Pc, just follow these steps:
- Open the YouTube app on your Android and click on your Profile picture.
- You will see the Settings button, click on it.
- Tap on General
- Then you will see an option Restricted Mode, you can turn off it by clicking on it.
In this post, you learned about YouTube's restricted mode and how to turn it off using a Pc or your mobile. Now, you can enjoy everything on YouTube without any limitations.
- Why can't I turn off restricted mode on YouTube?
- Check for account restrictions.
- Restart the device.
- Check for updates on Google Play Store.
- Clear YouTube cache.
- Clear browser cache.
- Reinstall YouTube.
- Why does a YouTube video say age restricted?
Sometimes the content created by the creator doesn't violate the YouTube policy but can be restricted for you if you are under 18. Try to turn it off by using the methods I have mentioned above.
- How do I get rid of Sorry this content is age restricted?
The message is indicating that YouTube has restricted some content that can be inappropriate for you. You can turn it off using your desktop or mobile.