3D animation is a type of animation for creating human-like digital characters that are animated to have lifelike movements and interactions with the environment.
Animation software is used for this purpose, which has features that make it easier for animators to create their work. They usually have a wide range of shapes and bodies that an animator can choose from to create their characters. It is necessary to have the best 3D animation software to get our projects done efficiently and in high quality.
In this article, I have listed 9+ Top 3D Animation Software with their features, Advantages, disadvantages, and links.
BEST 3D Animation Software for PC (Free & Paid)
Blender is a free and open-source Best 3D animation software available for all major operating systems. It supports the entirety of the 3D pipeline modeling, rigging, animation, simulation, rendering, compositing and motion tracking, and even video editing and game creation.
Blender was originally developed in the early 90s by Ton Roosendaal as a follow-up to his earlier 'Dutch Animation'. He started creating the program with Dutch government support for the film industry. Blender has been used for projects such as Spider-Man, Wallace & Gromit, and Pixar’s Monster Inc.
- Blender has Python Scripting Support that is used to download and use customized animation tools.
- CPU, GPU, and VR rendering support.
- Masking and textured brushes for 3D painting.
- Bridge fill, edge slide, grid, inset.
- Free and Open-source
- Uses procedural workflow
- Lots of tutorials and resources are available if stuck
- It can contain bugs
- It's not used for Big projects or in teams
- The video editor is basic
Maya is one of the Top 3D animation and modeling software that has been used in films, games, TV shows, and commercials for over 20 years.
Maya was originally developed for interactive 3D graphics. It has evolved to be a comprehensive toolkit for creating cinematic production content. Maya’s task-based user interface enables quick access and accelerated production times by allowing users to create their models with ease.
Autodesk Maya is the most popular 3D animation software in the animation world, with over 500,000 registered users working across 2,500 commercial studios worldwide.
- Time editor that helps to make high-level edits
- a large list of available plugins
- The modeling tools are robust
- Supports complex workflow
- Polygonal and NURBS modeling techniques
- Perfect for modeling, animation, shading, and rendering 3D assets for static images and animation
- Popular 3D animation software in the industry
- Almost unlimited features and options
- Very expensive compared to others
- Can be complicated for beginners.
Animaker is one of the easiest and best 3D animation software for PC. It provides an easy-to-use drag-and-drop interface that can be used by beginners and experts alike. Animaker is the best option for users who want to create videos without animation skills or the need for expensive equipment.
It has pre-made templates for every kind of video you can think of - from explainer videos to commercials, viral marketing campaigns, and more. All you need to do is pick a template and start adding your own content. Animaker is perfect for enterprises that are looking for an easy solution to animating their products or services with little time and budget at hand.
- Simple Drag and drop user interface
- It can run on any browser
- A large number of fonts, backgrounds, images, clips, and other elements to use
- Beginner friendly
- Cloud-based application, you can use it from anywhere
- Huge collection of templates and a library of elements
Source Filmmaker is a 3D animation software used in creating movies and other visual media. It was built by Valve, a company well known for the game Half-Life.
Users can control many camera angles, depth of field effects, and lighting techniques from within Source Filmmaker. They can also modify various settings such as aperture, film grain, and image resolution for their videos directly from within Source Film Maker.
- Quick rendering and previews
- Powerful enough to make a movie into one single system
- Free to download
- Easy-to-learn interface
- Has a stem workshop
- Easy to set up the elements
- It can crash several times as it is a 32-bit animation app
- Limited resources to learn
- The low resolution of animation elements like effects, maps, propose, and characters.
Powtoon is a web-based service that allows anyone to create animated presentations, explainers, and videos without any design skills or complex software. All they need is a browser and an internet connection and they can start creating content right away.
Powtoon offers three different types of animation styles - 3D, 2D, and flat illustrations. They also have a lot of templates that you can use - like whiteboard animation templates.
- You can use it anywhere without downloading it
- Collection of Royalty-free library
- Allows to upload custom fonts
- Various advanced tools to play with
- Easy to use
- Great app for presentations and managing content
- Tools for advanced animation
- Helps to create professional-level animations.
- The free version has limited features
VideoScribe is a 3D animation software that is designed to make it easy for anyone to produce animations for videos or web content with just one click. It benefits from its intuitive interface which allows users to create animated slides in seconds.
It offers many different templates and tools for various purposes such as explaining products, how-to videos, storytelling, and displaying graphics or statistics in an entertainingly displaying graphics or statistics export your video to PowerPoint.
- Offline Support
- You can customize the color of images
- Import Music and audio
- Video resolution options
- Voice-over recording
- Cross-platform application
- Rich in features
- Premium images need extra cost
- You cannot resell videos in a 7-day trial period
- The trial version has limited features
Biteable is a web-based 3D animation software that lets users create interactive 3D stories with 360-degree content. It helps to generate high-quality and engaging content which works well on any type of device due to its mobile compatibility.
After capturing a video from various angles, the user can edit and add text, music, sound effects, and more to the video. It's free for small projects and has a subscription for more advanced features. There are biteable templates to help users create engaging content.
- 100+ custom templates to use
- Beginner-friendly Interface
- More than 4 million pics, clips, and animations to use
- The free plan offers almost all the features
- Huge collection of elements
- It allows social sharing
- The Voice-over feature is not available
- It doesn't have drag and drops feature
- Requires extra charges to remove the brand's watermark
K-3D is a free, open-source best 3D animation software developed to produce high-quality 3D graphics. It is a cross-platform application that runs on Windows, macOS, and Linux.
K-3D is capable of producimacOSimations, models, and images for use in computer games and movie production from scratch or from various other types of data files.
- A node-based visualization pipeline.
- Powerful features for 3D animation
- Advanced Undo/Redo options
- Can be used for complex projects
- It has a collection of useful plugins
Aurora 3D Animation Maker is a software application that offers an easy-to-use 3D animation tool. It is a full-featured 3D animation tool that lets you create your own animated movies, cartoons, and games.
Au offers a selection of character models, props, and textures to create your favorite cartoon character or game character. It also has tools to let you customize the characters with clothes, hairstyles, and other accessories. Aurora offers effects such as fire, smoke, rain, and snow for adding extra drama to your animations.
- Realistic physics
- Keyframe animation
- Position objects using the 3D manipulator
- Allows to create animations quickly
- Easy to use hand-shaped tool for shaping objects
- You can create animations from scratch using templates
- Video rendering is not supported
We've seen the Best Free and Paid 3D animation software. Now, it's up to you, which animation software is best for your next project. All the Best!
1. What is the best 3d animation software for mac?
If you are looking for the best animation software for mac, the most popular and widely used program is SketchUp. It costs $0 to download, and it's a lot more than just animation software, it can be used as 3D modeling software too.
2. Which 3d animation software is best for beginners?
Blender is Free and the top 3D animation software. It is beginner friendly and has a lot of resources for you to learn.
3. What software to use for 3d animation?
There are a number of 3D animation software that you cseveral3D animation. There are
- Cinema 4D
- Unreal Studio
They all have their own benefits and drawbacks so it is up to you to find the one that best suits your needs.
4. What 3d animation software does Pixar use?
Pixar, over the years, has developed many ways of producing 3D animation. They have used several leading software programs like Maya, Lightwave 3D, and 3ds Max.