For Studytonight.com Website & Android App
Information Collection and Use
Personal User Information
Personal information is any information used or intended to be used to identify a particular individual, which includes name, address, telephone number, email address, financial account number, and government-issued identifier. We collect several types of information from and about users of the Service, including:
- Personal information and other information you provide to us when you register for or use the Service (including social media or interactive features of the Service), including to transact with us or subscribe to content we offer. For example, we may collect information such as your first and last name, address (including street name and name of a city or town), email address, telephone number, and other identifiers that permit physical, or online contact.
- Automatically collect information from your devices in connection with your online activity (including, in some cases specific location information or information that enables us to identify you across devices).
- We may combine the information we gather, including in combination with information from third parties. For instance, when a user signs up for or into Studytonight using a login feature through another company (like Facebook or Google's login features), we receive information like the user's email address and name.
Studytonight, under no circumstance, shares the user information with any 3rd party application for monetary gains. The data is safely stored in our databases and we perform to the best of our abilities to safeguard the data from any digital theft.
Studytonight use Mailgun Email Service for transactional emails and MailChimp Email Service to send promotional email newsletter to its registered users from which users can opt out if they want.
Studytonight's Android App utilises Firebase for sending push notifications to our Android App users using OneSignal services. OneSignal service stores general information about your device on which the application is installed for analytics purpose which is accessible to us.
Studytonight follows a standard procedure of using log files. These files log visitors when they visit websites. All hosting companies do this and a part of hosting services' analytics. The information collected by log files include internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, Internet Service Provider (ISP), date and time stamp, referring/exit pages, and possibly the number of clicks. These are not linked to any information that is personally identifiable. The purpose of the information is for analyzing trends, administering the site, tracking users' movement on the website, and gathering demographic information.
Cookies and Web Beacons
Like any other website, Studytonight uses 'cookies'. These cookies are used to store information including visitors' preferences, and the pages on the website that the visitor accessed or visited. The information is used to optimize the users' experience by customizing our web page content based on visitors' browser type and/or other information.
Google DoubleClick DART Cookie
Third Party Privacy Policies
Note that Studytonight has no access to or control over these cookies that are used by third-party advertisers.
You can choose to disable cookies through your individual browser options. To know more detailed information about cookie management with specific web browsers, it can be found at the browsers' respective websites.
We may use your personal information to contact you in form of weekly/monthly newsletters, marketing or promotional materials.
Links to Other Sites
Another part of our priority is adding protection for children while using the internet. We encourage parents and guardians to observe, participate in, and/or monitor and guide their online activity.
Studytonight does not knowingly collect any Personal Identifiable Information from children under the age of 13. If you think that your child provided this kind of information on our website, we strongly encourage you to contact us immediately and we will do our best efforts to promptly remove such information from our records.
For EU and EEA Users in Compliance with GDPR
Web Traffic Analytics
We use Google Analytics application on our website for the following purpose:
- To monitor website traffic and behaviour flows of users.
- To analyze the effectiveness of online website features by observing the usage patterns etc.
We display non-personalized ads to our EEA users. Non-Personalized ads will use only contextual information, including coarse general (city-level) location, and content on the current site or app; targeting is not based on the profile information or past behavior of a user.
We do not display any ads on our mobile app, hence we do not store or process any user data to target or profile our users without their consent.
We use OneSignal for sending push notifications to our mobile app users, for which OneSignal stores general information about the device on which the mobile application is installed.
This policy does not apply to any information collected offline or via channels other than our website and mobile application.
Data Deletion Policy
An individual can ask for deletion of their personal data in case of real-life scenarios like the following (but not limited to these scenarios):
- When the personal data is no longer necessary in relation to the purpose for which it was originally collected/processed.
- When the individual wants to withdraw consent from social login used for signup.
- When the personal data was unlawfully processed.
- Or, if the user is no longer using the services of Studytonight
To get the personal data deleted, any registered user can send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, from their registered email address, with subject line "Account Deletion - Studytonight", and the request will be processed within 10 working days.
Data may still remain in the systems back-up files, which will be deleted periodically. When the data/account deletion request is received, we will send an email confirmation once the data deletion request is successfully processed.