YourPhone is a built-in application provided by Microsoft Windows and yourphone.exe is the process of this application.
This application of Windows 10 is commonly used by people to sync and connect various mobile devices (Android and iOS). Linking the phone with the device leads to the availing of many cross-device features and experiences.
One of the various system processes and apps offered by Windows is YourPhone, which, unlike the svchost.exe, yourphone.exe is a new process introduced in Windows 10.
Some of the features offered by the YourPhone application are:
- Using mobile apps on PC Apps by viewing and interacting with the Android apps on PC.
- Just drag and drop the files from the computer to the mobile phones, therefore, there will be no need to search for other ways to save files from computer to mobile phone or vice-versa.
- The user can copy it on one device and paste it over on the other device. For example, if you have copied something on the smartphone, you can paste the same on the computer.
For turning this feature on, open Your Phone application and go to:
Settings > Cross-device copy and paste
Ensuring that toggle is on, for Allow this app to access and transfer content I copy and paste between my phone and PC.
- Viewing and interacting with the 2000 most recent photos. For enabling this feature, open the YourPhone application, click on Settings, turn on the Allow this app to show photos from my phone option under the Photos option.
- Making and receiving calls on your PC.
- Your Phone Companion is now Link to Windows- Linking Phone Companion to Windows. This can be achieved by opening the YourPhone application and then clicking on Settings > Advanced Features > Link to Windows.
For example, the users can sync the photos, videos, and messages using the Your Phone app on Windows 10 and smartphone which eliminates the need for third-party file-sharing services and other complex ways to transfer the files.
However, for ensuring that the files are always synchronized and up-to-date, yourphone.exe keeps running in the background which the user cans see in the Task Manager.
The users can sync the various files on the Windows 10, Android, and Apple devices, till the user is using the same Microsoft account for both phone and Windows.
This is the reason that the process keeps running in the background, as the YourPhone.exe needs to send the notifications on the Android or iOS phone to the desktop.
Some of the best practices that can be done for resolving YourPhone issues include –
- A clean and tidy computer.
- Running a scan for malware
- Cleaning your hard drive
- Uninstalling programs
- Checking for Autostart programs
- Enabling Windows 5Automatic Update.
- Performing periodic backups or at least set restore points.
If the user is encountering any problem while using the YourPhone application, the following points can be implemented:
- Try to remember the last thing installed before the problem appeared for the first time.
- The 6resmon command can be used for identifying and analyzing the processes that are causing the problem in the application.
- Trying to repair installation while for Windows 8 and later versions, following command can be executed:
7DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
- Some programs can be used for analyzing the problem such as a Security Task Manager which displays all the tasks running on system Windows.
- To detect and remove sleeping spyware, adware, Trojans, keyloggers, malware, and trackers from the hard drive of the system using B Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.
Windows 10 offers an application, YourPhone to connect mobile phones, both, Android and iPhone with Windows and receive the notifications of the phone on the desktop. The users can receive and make calls, manage their notifications, and view the recent photos of the gallery.
The YourPhone.exe application keeping running at all times in the background. The users can have a better experience by linking the apps by using the same Microsoft account for both phone and the computer.
If the program worries the user, they can get rid of it by 2 methods either disabling the YourPhone.exe application from running in the background or removing the application.
Disabling YourPhone.exe from running in the background:
Step 1: - Settings App, select Go to Privacy, and then go to the Background Apps.
Step 2: - Find and click on the YourPhone app in the list and select the Advanced options.
Step 3: - The user can turn off the option for the Background apps.
Step 1: Open the Windows PowerShell and run as Administrator by right-clicking on the Start button at the corner.
Step 2: Run the following command by typing in the PowerShell and pressing enter.
Get-AppxPackage Microsoft.YourPhone -AllUsers | Remove-AppxPackage
The YourPhone app will be uninstalled from your computer. This application is not malware or spyware, it comes preinstalled with Windows 10 and can be found on the following location: