If you are receiving the api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll is missing error on your computer as you try to open any program, then this is just the article you need.
A part of the Microsoft Visual C++ component, the api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll is a dynamic link library file which is a part of many modern games and programs such as x360ce, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Arma 3, Battlefield 1, Age of Mythology, etc.
The related programs or the games are unable to find and fetch the data, if this .dll file is misplaced from its location.
Here, in this article, we will talk about the cause for the api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll is missing error and the ways in which you can fix it.
CAUSES: "api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll is missing error"
The Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015 includes the api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll file and this file is very important to run the software flawlessly.
The api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll is missing error could be caused if this software is corrupted or is not compatible, or not existing in the specific folder.
FIXES: "api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll is missing error"
1. Through Windows Update Install the Software
Microsoft in Windows Update KB2999226 has built Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015 so it can be installed via Windows Update.
Press Windows key, then type UPDATE in the search box, and then press Check for updates/ Windows Update.
Then, click on Check for updates.
Windows will then check for updates automatically and Microsoft will automatically install the detected updates if your system is running on Windows 10.
In Windows 7, you have to install the updates manually.
After restarting your PC, repeat the steps till there are no more updates available.
Then, just open the program showing “api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1.0.dll is missing” error and check if the error is resolved.
Try the next method if the error still remains.
2. Download Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015 from Microsoft Directly
When you start receiving the api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1.0.dll error it could be that the Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015 is corrupted or missing.
It is suggested here, that you download the software directly from the Official Microsoft website. This is how you can do it.
As the file is getting downloaded, double click on the exe. file.
Complete the installation by following the instructions of the screen.
Then just check if the api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1.0.dll is missing is resolved or not.
3. Repair Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015 on Computer
Try to repair the Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015 on your computer, if you have already installed it.
You can do this by following these steps:
- Click on Start and move to the Control Panel
- Then, click Program and Features under the small icons pane in the Control Panel
- Click on the Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable and then Change.
- When displayed by User Account Control, click on Yes and continue to follow the instructions appearing on the screen to complete the repair process.
This will solve the api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll is missing error.
4. Copy the api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll file from Another PC
The last resort is to copy the api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll file from another PC of the same Windows system.
- Find a computer of the same Windows system.
You can know the computer type by following the given steps:
- First, click on the Windows key, then in the search box type System Information
- Select system information from the results that have appeared.
- Your computer's system type is displayed.
- Copy-Paste the file to your computer.
To find the file, follow the given steps:
- Open the File Explorer window by clicking the Windows key +E.
- Then, move to C:\Windows\System32 and type the given statement and press Enter:
- Then go to C:\Windows\SysWOW64, if there is no result displayed, instead of it and search the api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll again.
The api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll is missing error will now be solved.
Note: You have to keep in mind that every computer having the same specification will not have the same DLL file that you are looking to restore. If that is the case, this solution won't work for you.
The PC Repair Tool ( BEST & SIMPLE)
As we have mentioned in our other articles, you can use the PC Repair tool in case of most errors as it helps you fix BSOD, DLL and other errors on Windows 10.
So, this was the cause and fix of the api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll is missing error.
Tell us about your experience with the api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll is missing error in the comment section.
All the best!