Download manager for Windows is the software which helps the users to manage the downloads, scanning for virus, pause or resume downloads and schedule the downloads. Here is the list of the free and paid Windows Managers that are available for various devices, including Windows PC, Mac, and Linux.
1) Free Download Manager`
Free Download Manager tool offers users to manage downloads by maintaining traffic usage, controlling file torrents, downloading files of large files, and resuming the broken downloads.
- Supports BitTorrent.
- Files can be split and downloaded into sections by the users.
- Offers enhanced support for audio and video files.
- Provides smart management of the files.
- Users can schedule downloads.
- The downloads can be resumed from the point of interruptions.
2) Internet Download Manager
Internet Download Manager, also called the IDM tool increases the speed of the files to download them faster. The users can also schedule the downloads using this tool.
- User-friendly and easy-to-use interface.
- Users can resume the interrupted downloads.
- Downloads can be scheduled for later.
- Download the dashboard contains much information about the downloads.
- Can be integrated with the web browsers, such as Firefox, Microsoft Edge, and Chrome.
- Offers high-speed downloading of the files.
- Offers advanced integration with web browsers along with Dynamic segmentation.
3) Ninja Download Manager
Ninja Download Manager software offers downloading files from HTTP, Socks5, or Socks4 proxy servers providing the entire download control to the user.
- Offers a faster download of files using multiple connections synchronously.
- The user can schedule the downloads for later.
- Provides file writing sequentially if the user desires.
- Pause and resume the downloads as per the user’s choice.
4) Download Accelerator Plus (DAP)
Download Accelerator Plus, also known as DAP allows the user to download the files in the possible fastest manner.
- Provides the richest database of the mirroring servers to the users.
- Acceleration engine with multi-thread downloads.
- Offers to download videos from various websites.
- The users can convert the downloaded videos into MP3 format.
- Available cost-free to the users.
DownThemAll allows the advance control of the downloads to the user by using the links or images on the website.
- Offers integration with the Firefox browser.
- Provides auto-renaming of the downloaded files.
- The number of downloads can be performed synchronously.
- Users can pause and resume the downloads according to their desire.
- Offers various filters for downloading the files.
6) GetGo Download Manager
GetGo Download Manager can be integrated with the web browsers for detecting and downloading the files directly from the web browser.
- Automatically detects and downloads the videos on the web browser.
- Users can schedule downloads.
- Offers to download multiple files simultaneously.
- Users can resume the broken downloads.
EagleGet is a free, easy-to-use, and configurable tool having a user-friendly interface. The users can use the tools that make the media-related programs redundant on a system.
- Users can download files from Chrome, Firefox, and Opera web browsers with only a single click.
- Supports various protocols such as MMS, RTSP HTTPS, HTTP, and FTS protocols.
- Offers the user to schedule downloads for multiple queues.
- Multiple file downloads using clipboard captures are available for the users.
- Users can drag and drop the downloads according to priority.
- Offers the verification of the integrity of the files.
- Users can configure the interface according to their desire.
- The download lists from other managers can be imported.
uGet, a project was started under the name of UrlGet, a tool for managing downloads on WIndows for which the users have to add GTK+3 packages on their devices.
- The files can be downloaded in segments for faster download.
- Can be integrated with various browsers such as Firefox, Opera, Vivaldi, Google Chrome, and Chromium.
- Users can download unlimited files.
- Provides services for downloading videos available on the YouTube platform.
- The users can also use the command prompt for downloading files.
- The users can pause and resume downloads according to their desire. Offers downloads from unknown FTPs.
9) Advanced Download Manager
ADM , the software allows a maximum of three simultaneous downloads on the Android platform and using the multithreading service for faster downloads.
- Three files can be downloaded simultaneously.
- The software comes with a smart algorithm to facilitate faster downloads.
- The files can be downloaded when the user is working on some other application.
- Offers the users real-time changing of the maximum download speed.
- Provides service for downloading videos and audio for saving them on their device.
- Users can download files with a size of more than 2GB.
10) Internet Download Accelerator
Internet Download Accelerator is a tool for downloading files at a high speed and resume the interrupted downloading files.
- Provides the management of passwords and downloaded folders.
- Users can control the automatic mode for comfortably browsing the web.
- Offers dial-up connection.
- Users can search the files, games, and music.
The above-mentioned download managers can be used by the users to accelerate, manage and scan their downloads on the PC.