You sure use either Grammarly or ProWritingAid for writing emails, articles, stories, and many more things.
Both of these tools help us to write mistake-free and grammatically correct articles, emails, and much more.
Let's compare Grammarly and ProWritingAid in this article and see which tool is better.
What is Grammarly?
Grammarly is a popular mistake-free writing tool that enhances your writing. It was founded in 2009 by Alex Shevchenko and Max Lytvyn.
Grammarly offers many features like grammar and spelling mistakes, punctuation, and tone detection in its free plan.
It has three plans including a free, premium, and business plan. There are various ways by which you can use Grammarly such as via the official website, Desktop applications for Windows and Mac, a browser extension, and Grammarly provides a keyboard too.
What is ProWritingAid?
ProWritingAid is a similar tool to Grammarly that helps in Grammar and style checking. It shows you in-depth reports to help you enhance your writing.
It has more than 20+ writing reports like the repetitiveness of words, sentence length variation, passive voice, and so much more.
ProWritingAid provides an online editor where you can get a detailed report for the evaluated section. It comes with a free plan and three premium plans.
Features of Grammarly
- Grammar, spelling, and punctuation: Grammarly helps you correct grammatical, spelling, and punctuation mistakes.
- English fluency: It makes your writing sound fluent and natural.
- Passive Voice: It tells you when you use too much passive voice in the writing.
- Rewrites Hard sentences: Grammarly rewrites hard-to-read and big sentences.
- Word Choice: It helps you replace the overused words with their alternatives.
- Tone detection: It tells you how your writing may sound to the reader.
- Proposition: Grammarly also points out confused prepositions.
- Detects Plagiarism: It also helps you to detect your writing for plagiarism.
- Formatting: It converts long sentences into a list automatically.
Features of ProWriting Aid
Below are some of the important features of a ProWriting Aid:
- Grammar, spelling, and readability improvements: ProWritingAid helps to find grammatical and spelling mistakes which make the document more readable.
- Word repetition: It helps you to find the repetitive words.
- Style suggestion: It will tell you the style of your content and suggest changes to improve the strength of your writing.
- Sentence lengths: It also displays the length of your sentences.
- overused words: ProWritingAid tells you if you are using a word multiple times.
Difference between Grammarly and Pro-Writing Aid
Grammarly and ProWritingAid both are the best Grammer checker software and confusing which software to choose is normal. Let's compare these tools and see the difference between Grammarly and ProWritingAid.
|Grammarly is a popular mistake-free writing tool that enhances your writing.
||ProWritingAid is a similar tool to Grammarly that helps in Grammar and style checking. It shows you in-depth reports to help you enhance your writing.
|Grammarly provides a mobile app for both Android and ios users.
||ProWritingAid does not provide any mobile app.
|Grammarly's interface and UI design are clean and interactive.
||ProWritingAid interface is not as clean as Grammarly.
|Grammarly is best for non-fiction writing and commercial writing.
||It is best for fiction writing.
|Grammarly's premium monthly plan costs you $29 per month while the quarterly plan charges you $19 per month. If you buy a Grammarly premium for a year, you will need to pay an average of $11.66 per month.
||ProWritingAid comes with four pricing structures. The full-year cost of ProWritingAid is $59, while its lifetime plans cost $224. You also can opt for a monthly plan of $20.
You can submit a ticket to get 24/7 support from Grammarly.
You need to contact ProWritingAid via email for support.
|Lots of free features.
||It offers a free version, but with limited features.
|You can only check small content of fewer than 20,000 words.
||You can check up to 100,000 words.
Which One Should You Choose Grammarly or ProWritingAid?
We have compared both Grammarly and ProWritingaid in terms of features, pricing, customer support, design, and many more. Now, let's decide which one is right for you.
Grammarly supports all kinds of platforms from Mobile apps to Web versions. It detects errors based on 400 factors and it's the best in accuracy.
ProWritingAid has low pricing than Grammarly and is an excellent tool to enhance your writing. It resolves many grammatical and style mistakes.
But, looking at all of the features a lot of you need software to check smaller content like blog posts, emails, and essays then Grammarly is surely best for you.