AirPods are compatible with Apple devices such as iPhone, iPad or MacBook. If you think that you are partially correct, you could also connect your AirPods to your Chromebook.
Both AirPods and Chromebook go well with each other; both are compatible because both support Bluetooth. So, don't think you can only connect AirPods to Apple devices because, in reality, you can even connect AirPods to Android. Any device that supports Bluetooth could connect an AirPod. This article will guide you step by step on how to connect AirPods to Chromebooks.
Turn On Bluetooth on your Chromebook
- Firstly, click on the Network icon located at the bottom right corner of the taskbar below.
- Then click on the arrow beside the Bluetooth option to turn it on if it is off.
- If your Bluetooth is already activated, then you are good to go.
- Please take out your AirPods from the case and activate the AirPods for pairing by pressing and holding the down button on the back of the AirPods case.
- On your Chromebook, click on the Bluetooth option from the network settings.
- Once you hit the Bluetooth option, Chromebook will immediately search for devices around you.
- Ensure your AirPods are activated by now.
Pair & Connect AirPods
- After a scan, you will see the list of devices available around you. From there, select your AirPods.
- Chromebook will shortly pair your AirPods to your Chromebook.
- If it's not connected automatically, head to the Network settings and click on the AirPods option under the Bluetooth.
Do I Need to Use Any third-Party Application to Connect AirPods to Chromebook?
Since AirPods supports Bluetooth and Chromebook natively supports Bluetooth, so you don't need any third-party application in this case to do the bit. However, if your needs are different than the Chromebook Bluetooth utility doesn't provide, then you should consider using a third-party application. However, that application will too use Bluetooth to connect your AirPods.
Overall, if you wanted to connect your AirPods to your Chromebook, activate your AirPods, head over to your Chrome Bluetooth utility, scan, and pair-connect with your AirPods.