To keep your computer cool or reduce the irritating noise which is like a wind tunnel, the fan in your computer is very useful. And when it is working hard, adjusting your system's fan speeds help you to keep your system cool.
Your fan speeds can be changed normally as well as automatically but nothing is quite like the automatic PC fan controller or change computer fan speeds, which in very nonchalant manner ramps up the fans when the system gets hot and turns them down as the system comes back to the usual.
Fan speeds can also be changed manually, but it is a rather tricky process.
Here, in this article, we will talk about the best PC fan speed controller software that works with your Windows system including the latest Windows 10 OS.
Top Fan Speed Controllers for PC
- Open Hardware Monitor
- NoteBook FanControl
- HW Monitor
- ZOTAC FireStorm
- Argus Monitor
- EasyTune 5
- Corsair Link
As it is an extremely powerful tool, Speedfan comes on the top of the list. With the hardware monitors chip, this fan controller program monitors voltages, temperatures and fan speeds in the system.
- From different sources, SpeedFan monitors PC temperatures.
- Adjusts fan speeds Access & digital temperature sensors, and hence reduce noise.
- Displays hard disk performance and is able to access S.M.A.R.T info display.
- Supports SCSI disks also.
- Displays the system variables as charts & an indicator in the system tray.
- Various hardware monitor chips, hard disks, fan speed readings, voltage readings, etc. can be managed.
- It is compatible with versions of Windows from Windows 9x to Windows server 2012
- It is also compatible with Windows 64 bit.
- Free utility
- Perfectly organized and clear interface
- Send email notices
- Highly customizable
- Some functions not working
- Not for the beginners.
2: Open Hardware Monitor
Another powerful software to change the fan speed of Windows 10 is Open Hardware Monitor. Being an open-source program, it controls fan speeds, manages voltages, temperature sensors, etc on the Windows PC.
- Most of the latest hardware monitoring chips are supported.
- In a customizable desktop or in the system tray, the monitored values are displayed.
- By reading the core temperature sensors of Intel and AMD processors, the CPU temperature is examined.
- The ATI and Nvidia video card sensors are displayed.
- It can access the S.M.A.R.T. hard drive temperature as well.
- Run both on 32-bit and 64-bit
- Works with Microsoft Windows XP / Vista / 7 / 8 / 8.1 / 10 and any x86 based Linux OS without installation.
- Freeware program
- Highly customizable
- Organized and clear interface
- Not for the average computer users
- Minor bugs in the beta release
3: NoteBook FanControl
You get the ability to control the computer's fan speed if you are using the NoteBook FanControl. Since after the installation it incorporates with the PC's taskbar, it is designed with the user's friendly interface.
You can see it comes with a straightforward interface after launching it for the first time so that new beginners can manage it.
- The real-time CPU temperature reading and current fan speed are provided by this PC fan controller.
- Through a simple slider situated in the middle part of the main menu, it allows controlling the fan speed.
- Enabling and disabling the fan control service is allowed by this software fan controller.
- The program could be launched automatically at system startup.
- It works with Windows 7, 8 & Windows 10 as well.
- Free utility
- Easy to use
- Compatible with all laptop brands
- Fixed and controlled integration
4: HW Monitor
It is a free fan speed monitor program for Windows that has trusted hardware monitoring and PC fan speeds controller software.
- The real-time speed of CPU fans and at least three cabinet fans can be monitored.
- Maximum and minimum recorded fan speed of both CPU and cabinet fans can be tracked on its interface.
- It monitors Motherboard voltage, processor temperature, processor’s voltage, HDD & GPU temperature, System power usage in watts and others.
- All the interface data could be saved in a TXT file.
- Common sensor chips, like the ITE® IT87 series, most Winbond® ICs,& others are held.
- Easy and simple to use interface.
- You can get it for both 32 and 64-bit version
- It goes with other as well as the latest Windows 10 version
- Freeware program
- Precise & well-organized software
- Small and speedy
- Update data immediately
- Easy to use
- Supports new hardware
- You have to supervise things yourself as it offers no alerts.
5: ZOTAC FireStorm
Another very good freeware fan speed monitor software available for Windows OS is the ZOTAC FireStorm.
- Graphic card modification utility.
- Monitor and control fan speed of Nvidia Graphics card.
- You can also control GPU clock speed, shader clock speed, memory clock speed, & VDDC values from its Clock section.
- Immediate fan speed can be viewed and modified easily.
- To view real-time clock speed, temperature, fan speeds, etc, you are provided with a dedicated Monitoring section.
- Supports Windows 7/8 & 10.
- Freeware software
- Latest user interface and easy to understand.
- Display overclocking
- Unable to monitor CPU fans
- Except for Nvidia, other companies graphics cards cannot be examined.
- Having minor bugs
6: Argus Monitor
Another reliable and light program to control or change fan speeds is the Argus Monitor. Monitors fan speeds, as well as the monitor hard disk health, are controlled as it runs in the background.
- For the mainboard, the fan speed is controlled and GPU based on entire available temperature sources.
- The health status and the HDD temperature can be monitored by checking the S.M.A.R.T attributes.
- A graphical display of hard drives temperature is provided.
- Can show and control the system fan speeds smoothly.
- Graphical display of CPU and GPU temperature.
- Gives you a 70% probability of the hard drive failing, so that you can save your important files before.
- To process access time and transfer rates you get HDD and SSD benchmarks.
- All Windows versions are supported 7, 8, 8.1 & 10 as well.
- User-friendly interface
- You can monitor the CPU and GPU temperature
- Notifies the issues through emails
- The interface cannot be resized or customized.
- If the hardware components are not having a built-in temperature sensor, then it will not work.
- Only 30 days trial period
Another freeware software from fan control on Windows is HWiNFO. You can do various tasks rather than just changing fan speeds and is pretty amazing.
- It allows you to adjust immediate CPU and cabinet fan speed.
- You can monitor several system components with this, like motherboard, CPU, HDD temperature, CPU package power, etc.
- You can also get information about system CPU and GPU code names, RAM type, BIOS information, Sensors info, & a lot more.
- The entire values of different parameters are stored in a full report.
- The latest technologies and standards are supported.
- It will work on both, 32-bit and 64 bit Windows
- Works with Windows Vista, Windows XP, Windows 7/8 & 10
- Plenty of options are provided by the customizable interface.
- Is free utility
- Many reports types, system monitoring using 3rd party add-ons or other tools are offered.
- A portable version is offered
- Blank details are provided for report generation for deselected items.
- Limited and controlled integration.
- Limited details are offered in comparison to the other similar programs.
8: EasyTune 5
A Gigabyte software that is designed with a user-friendly interface is the EasyTune 5. The Windows-based users are allowed to fine-tune their system settings or enhance and manage the system, memory clocks and voltages in the Windows OS.
- To manage the fan speed of the CPU and North-Bridge Chipset cooling fan, it comes with Smart-Fan controls.
- To verify PC health, the monitoring system status is offered.
- To improve the system's performance, overclocking is provided.
- The entire overclocking parameter settings feature like configuring the M.I.B etc. can be accessed.
- You can switch different modes by choosing between Easy Mode and Advanced Mode.
- Supports all Windows version.
- Freeware program
- Allow monitoring system status
- North-Bridge Chipset cooling fan and the CPU fan speed is controlled.
- Easy to understand interface
- Limited and strict integration
9: Corsair Link
Another free utility for Windows OS you can use as your fan control software is the Corsair Link PC which you get with a gaming-oriented interface.
- It shows real-time CPU fan speed with CPU & GPU temperature, load, voltage, Dream frequency, along with the fan speed monitor.
- You can use it to design warning notifications of the GPU/CPU temperature and fan speed fluctuation.
- You get full control over fans, compatible Corsair power supplies, lighting & Hydro Series liquid CPU coolers works both for cooling & performance.
- You get a gaming-oriented interface.
- The latest hardware and all Windows OS including the Windows 10 are supported.
- Freeware utility
- Automatically adjust cooling
- Not very user-friendly
- Compatibility issues with Windows 10
These are the top 9 fan speed controllers for Windows in the Market. You can choose the one according to the specific features.
All the best!