Are you facing the Omegle Error Connecting to Server as you visit Omegle to talk to strangers?
If yes, then this is just the right article for you.
Here, in this article, we will talk about the causes of the Omegle Error Connecting to Server and the different ways in which you can fix this error.
CAUSES: Omegle Error Connecting to Server
There could be a number of reasons that might cause the Omegle Error Connecting to Server on your device. Here we have listed down some of the major causes for the error:
- If the Omegle connection is blocked by your system or ISP.
- Some server-side in Omegle.
- If your IP address is suspended or banned by Omegle.
- The configuration setting in your PC or browser is outdated.
- The accumulated browsing data on your computer.
FIXES: Omegle Error Connecting to Server
The Omegle Error Connecting to Server can be fixed by following the listed solutions.
3. Repair Corrupt System Files
Some missing or corrupt system files present on your PC can become the reason for the Omegle Error Connecting to Server. You can repair all kinds of PC issues using the PC Repair Tool.
You can use the PC Repair tool in case of most errors as it helps you fix BSOD, DLL and other errors on Windows 10.
4. Flush DNS
You can fix the Omegle Error Connecting to Server by applying the set of commands in the command prompt window to flush DNS, in case this error is caused due to a network connection problem.
For rebuilding the IP and DNS settings, these are the steps that you can follow.
- Type “cmd” in search and press the Enter key.
- Then, open the command prompt.
- Right-click on it and then choose “Run as administrator” from the context menu.
- Type the below-given command and press Enter after every command:
- Now, you will get the message “Operation completed successfully”.
Then, check if the Omegle Error Connecting to Server is resolved.
5. Use Reliable VPN To Open Omegle
You can use a reliable VPN service to fix the Omegle Error Connecting to Server but you need to make sure that it is not blocked by Omegle.
Also, make sure that you consult your network service provider before using a VPN as it is very tricky and also banned in a few countries.
6. Delete Flash Player Cache Data
The Omegle Error Connecting to Server can be resolved by deleting the flash browsing data. You can do this through your browser:
- Close all the opened browser windows.
- Then, open your Flash Player control panel.
- Then, select the Storage tab and click on “Delete All…”
- Then, put a checkmark across the “Delete All Site Data and Settings”.
- Then, click on the “Delete Data” button.
- Now all the flash cache data has been cleared and you have to restart your computer.
After this, check if the Omegle Error Connecting to Server is resolved.
7. Delete All Browser’s Cookies
Next, you can try deleting all browser's cookies to fix the Omegle Error Connecting to Server.
This will also improve your browsing experience.
- You first have to click on the three-dot icon, opening the menu, then select More tools and then Clear Browsing Data.
- As the pop-up box appears, check off the third and the fourth boxes to delete the cookies and clean up the cache.
- You can just pick a timeframe from the menu at the top.
You can just type "chrome://settings/content/cookies" in Omnibox to manage the cookies in Chrome. You can change how you want Chrome to save the data from the sites. The best option here would be to block all the third-party cookies. Some exceptions can also be set. For instance, you could block all cookies but allow for, let’s say, Flipkart just so you don’t have to keep entering your details all the time.
On Mozilla Firefox:
- On Firefox, click on the hamburger stack and select Options, then Privacy and Security.
- Then go under Cookies and Site Data, click on Clear Data, then Cookies and Site Data, and then Clear to clean up the complete cookie history.
Then head back to Cookies and Site Data, here select Manage Data, and choose the sites from where you want to remove the cookies. You will also find a checkbox to Delete cookies and site data when Firefox is closed. You can go to Exceptions, under Manage Exceptions and accept cookies only from approved sites.
You can also check out how to clear your cookies on other browsers here.
After clearing the cookies on your browser, restart it and check if the Omegle Error Connecting to Server has been fixed.
This is how you can fix the Omegle Error Connecting to Server on your laptop or computer or any other device.
Let us know about your experience with the error in the comments section.
All the best!