Reddit Bot Application Python Project
Automating actions in the browser is a thing that removes routine and helps us spend our time on more useful things. It can be a script to clean up spam mail or a program to calculate your housing costs. There are many ready-made solutions for almost any task automation. In this article, we will revise how to build a Reddit bot to automate daily tasks, why we should choose python, how to use Reddit API and what is Python Reddit API Wrapper.
So, what do we need for this? Let's take it one step at a time:
- Meet the documentation for the Reddit API.
- Create a Reddit application
- For our interpreter, get the essential library (Reddit API).
- library of tests
Source Code for Reddit Bot Application Python Project
Next, we'll use pip manager to obtain a Python package called Python Reddit API Wrapper.
pip install praw
reddit = praw.Reddit(client_id=”CLIENT_ID”, client_secret=”CLIENT_SECRET”,
# Create a submission to r/test
reddit.subreddit(“test”).submit(“Test Submission”, url=”https://reddit.com”)
# Comment on a known submission
submission = reddit.submission(url=”https://www.reddit.com/comments/5e1az9?)
# Reply to the first comment of a weekly top thread of a moderated community
submission = next(reddit.subreddit(“mod”).top(“week”))
submission.comments.reply(“An automated reply”)
# Output score for the first 256 items on the frontpage
for submission in reddit.front.hot(limit=256):
# Obtain the moderator listing for r/redditdev
for moderator in reddit.subreddit(“redditdev”).moderator():
- Make a contribution (Line 7)
- Make a comment on a previously published contribution (Line 10). Put in the required URL and any comments you desire. It's quite simple.
- Only two lines of code are required to respond to the first remark on a weekly top (Line 14).
- The score for the first 256 things on the front page as sent to console (Line 18)
- Take a look at the list of moderators ( Line 22)
To sum it up
We demonstrated how to create a Reddit bot in Python, how to access the Reddit API, and what the Python Reddit API Wrapper is and how to use it in this post. And that's just scratching the surface of what this Python library can achieve. Your creativity is the only limit to what you can do. I hope you found this information interesting.